Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Light French Toast… Yum!!

Since I now have a wonderful White Bread recipe - better than you can get at the store, by far - I decided to make myself some light French Toast this morning… and I hadn't had French Toast in a very long time!!

I sliced up some of my bread… mixed up a little Egg Beaters with some dry spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves)… dipped my bread… cooked in a non-stick skillet… topped with a little sugar-free syrup  & Voila!!  It was so yummy I forgot to take a picture until I'd already eaten the first piece :)

Ingredients:
  Bread
  Egg Beaters
  Spices - vanilla & cinnamon are traditional, I also like to add: nutmeg, ginger, cloves…
  Topping - light syrup or light whipped cream or ….

Stir Spices into Egg Beaters, dip bread in egg mixture, put in non-stick pan on medium heat… cook until golden on both sides.

I don't use milk, it's not needed, and the Egg Beaters are both easy (pre-"scrambled") & light (made from the whites only)...


Updated on 4/14… how in the world did I forget to mention Vanilla?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment