Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mighty Mini Muffins!!

There's this trick I learned from a Weight Watchers leader… by adding canned Pumpkin (or fresh mashed if you have it) you can avoid adding eggs & oil & such to box mixes… I've taken this in many different directions over time, this is it one of its simplest forms…

Mini Muffins!!  Today I made two batches of these delicious little bits for munching (within reason) over the holidays… these are great examples of using this method!


I took a brownie mix, dumped the powder in a bowl, mixed in a 15oz can of Pumpkin (I ran out of the fresh stuff)...


Preheated the oven to 325 (temp on the box), put them in a mini-muffin pan lined with papers…


Then I watched as they baked, these took 20 minutes… made about 40 mini-muffins… hubby likes!


I repeated the process with a Fiber One Apple Muffin mix, setting the oven to 425 (box had the higher temp)….


Again I watched as they baked… 15 minutes was the right amount of time (the ones pictured went about 17 & were slightly scorched - still yummy)…

Hope this gives you ideas, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment