Saturday, November 17, 2012

Taste of Autumn Curried Lamb Stew

The soup I posted earlier was a variation of one I'd seen in a book I love (see that post if you like), but this soup came right out of my own twisted mind…  This is makes about 3 quarts, adjust to the size of your Crock Pot.

I'd been in a bread baking mood yesterday, shown here are two of the three loaves I made… the one in the back of this photo has sweet curry & saffron & orange zest, so I thought I'd make a stew that would work well with it… this is what I came up with & it's a winner!!  It's also very simple to make, and cooks itself once the chopping gets done :)


Doesn't this bread just make you want soup?

Ingredients:
  1 pound Lamb Stew Meat
  1/4 cup young (inexpensive) Balsamic Vinegar
  1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
  1/2 medium Onion, chopped
  1 medium Cooking Apple, chopped (this time I used Honeycrisp)
  1 medium Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
  1 medium Parsnip, chopped
  1 cup chopped Carrots
  1 stalk Celery, chopped
  1 cup cooked Pumpkin (optional)
  1 tsp Red Curry Paste (I use Thai Kitchen brand)
  1 Tbl Moroccan Spice (follow link to my spice blend)
  1 Tbl Sea Salt
  5 cups Water

Now comes the hard part… throw everything in a Crock Pot and let it cook all day...


Once its cooked all day (6-8 hours) it is ready to eat… just make sure you have some good bread on hand :)


Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment