Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lightly Rye Artisan Bread

This is a variation on my Artisan Bread….



I had been wanting to make a lightly flavored Rye bread, and this one did the trick!!

To make this follow my Artisan Bread recipe, with three small changes:
  1) For Flour use 16 oz Bread Flour + 4 oz Rye Flour
  2) For Spices use 1 1/2 tsp Caraway Seeds, ground in a mortar & pestle to break up a bit
  3) Add 1 Tbl Vital Wheat Gluten (helps bread to rise)

We've been enjoying this loaf all week, especially with soups & stews, and with some good quality infused olive oils & specialty vinegars (gifts from my in-laws)…



1 comment:

  1. Eeks! Realized the day after the initial posting that I'd forgotten to mention the Vital Wheat Gluten... appologies to any who may have tried my variation without it (hanging head in shame)...

    ReplyDelete