Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pasta with Basil & Pine Nuts

This is so simple its crazy!!  But this is also a big favorite of my hubby… and he's sick today so I made it for him for lunch.


Ingredients:
  Medium Shell Pasta
  Basil (I used fresh, dried works ok)
  Olive Oil
  Pine Nuts
  Grated Parmesan (I like to grate mine fresh)
  Salt
  Pepper


I'm not going to give quantities… its just way too flexible for that… if you need hints just look at the pictures… :)


Boil some water (I like to put a bit of salt & olive oil in the water, but they are optional)…


Add pasta to boiling water & cook until al dente…


Drain pasta, add in basil (I had fresh chopped up fine) and pine nuts, drizzle with olive oil, stir…


This will give you an idea of how much basil & pine nuts
to put in with the pasta shells.


Add a little grated parmesan, stir again…


Season to taste with salt & pepper, serve...


Put a little more parmesan on top if you like…


Yum!!


We will sometimes have this for lunch, for a side dish with dinner, or just for a lighter dinner...


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment