Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Trying something new...

Yes, I'm finally back to some of my experimental cooking now that I'm back home & settling back in after our trip… so I decided to try a new method of making bread…

I had been reading about a different sort of bread making method on another site, and decided to try to apply the method to my Sourdough…

Finished Loaf...
The results are a bit mixed… I love the simplicity of the method, I love the airiness of the inside of the loaf, but the crust got a bit scorched & was way to crunchy/chewy, and I really want something that can double as a sandwich loaf… This is not a critique of someone else's method, its just the method didn't quite work for my particular dough (different from the type called for in the method) & for my particular desires...

Love the airiness!!
This definitely warrants a bit more experimenting on my part… it tastes fabulous… when I come up with a method I really like I'll post again...

No comments:

Post a Comment