Thursday, May 17, 2012

Presentation!!

I love to eat… and for me its mostly its about the flavor… but there's something to be said about presentation as well… some examples to think about:


This is a simple breakfast… an Omelet (find links to recipes for these in my Breakfast tab) and some fruit, with a cup of coffee… But its on a nice table cloth with matching napkin… a colorful plate that makes the food stand out… a zany fun coffee cup & a cute salt & pepper shaker round things out.  This day I was eating breakfast alone, and it was nice to take some time to relax & enjoy my efforts - made me feel a bit spoiled.


This is a dinner that I enjoyed with my sweet hubby Jeff… Chicken & Apple Sausage Curry (find link under Dinner tab) with some fresh bread (see Bread tab) and a colorful mixed salad with low cal dressing.  This main dish is colorful but kinda messy looking… so the bread at the side adds a bit of order, but the plate keeps with the more playful nature of this spicy dish…


This is a salad I had for lunch one day, by myself at home… on a day when I needed to make myself sit down and take a break… so I took the trouble to make it a nice salad, lots of wonderful colorful ingredients, with some playful carrots to munch at the side…


I'm no expert on presentation… but there is something to be said about how we feel about our food… perhaps that seems silly, but its not silly… would you go to an expensive restaurant that just slapped the food on the plate?  Of course not!!  Our expectations when spending money at a nice restaurant is that there will be a whole enjoyable experience - good food, good atmosphere, pleasant company… and I think we need more of that at home!!


If we work hard to make our food, and make it healthy, lets make sure we & our families enjoy it fully!!



No comments:

Post a Comment