Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Curry Coffee Cake

Since I had so much good luck with my Fruit & Yogurt Coffee Cakes this Summer I decided to take a chance on trying to make a Pumpkin Coffee Cake for Fall.  To make things a bit more interesting I decided to modify my normal spices for Pumpkin desserts… and I like it!! So here it is… hope you enjoy!



Ingredients:

  2 cups baked fresh Pumpkin
  1 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
  1/4 cup Egg Beaters
  1 1/2 cups Flour
  1 cup Sugar
  1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  1/2 tsp salt
  1 tsp Vanilla
  1 tsp good Cinnamon (I like Penzey's Vietnamese)
  1 tsp Sweet Curry

Pre-Heat oven to 350F.



Use an Immersion Blender to blend together the Pumpkin, Sour Cream, and Egg Beaters.


Make sure all the Pumpkin gets blended in well.


Mix in remaining ingredients.


Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with Bakers Joy or Spray Crisco.


Place mixture in prepared dish and place in oven for 45 minutes.


The top of the cake should be domed like shown.


Don't bother to check with a toothpick… it will still be (very) moist inside.

This cake is very moist & lightly sweet - more of a coffee cake than a traditional cake.  We like to have it topped with a dab of Fat Free Cool Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment