Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fresh & Fruity & Tangy Crumpets!!

After yesterday's success with my Looney Lavash I decided to experiment more with fruit & Chèvre, this time at Breakfast.


I started with a fresh peach I'd picked up at the market (they were particularly good this time)… cut it up & put it in a small saucepan, sprinkled on a little powdered Ginger and Cloves, and started cooking…


I let it warm until juices flowed & started bubbling, then I set the temp to low & let it simmer a bit… while...


I made a small batch of my Sourdough Crumpets


After cooking & toasting my crumpets I put them on a plate with about an ounce of Chèvre [If you don't like Chèvre try Light Cream Cheese instead].  I put the cooked fresh Peach into a bowl on the side…


Top a crumpet with some chèvre and a little fresh fruit topping… Mmmm!!  Sweet & Tangy & Wonderful…

I'm going to have to keep experimenting along these lines… this was just too good to not repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment