Thursday, June 14, 2012

Loony Lavash for Lunch...

Yesterday I was "off", having a bit of a "mood", dealing with life being just a bit unfair…

I needed to eat but wasn't wanting to eat… and normally I love to eat!

So I forced myself to nibble on some fruit, and while nibbling on some Pineapple had an epiphany… and did something completely new - or at least completely new to me…

In my brain popped the idea of making a fruit wrap sandwich, yep, I was definitely "off" the norm… and I remembered I had some Chèvre that I'd picked up on a BOGO deal at my local market…  so I grabbed a Lavash…  [Note: if you don't care for Chèvre you could replace with light Cream Cheese]


Put about an ounce of Chèvre and a couple Pineapple planks on it…


Sprinkled with Penzey's Cinnamon…


Rolled it up in a paper towel…


Microwaved it for a minute (my microwave is relatively low powered)… and Wow!!  This was so yummy!!  Warm, sweet, tangy, gooey, Mmmm!!!

I ate this as my Lunch, but it could just as easily have been a sweet Snack or Dessert.

I'm thinking I'll be experimenting more with this idea over time, using different fruits (or maybe even some of my Strawberry Freezer Jam)… vary the spices… Ooooo… the possibilities…

Update: I tried another one, a Strawberry Pineapple Chèvre Lavash - Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment