Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sour Cream Waffles… Yum!!

I finally got around to trying something I'd wanted to try for a while… I took my recipe for Sour Cream Pancakes and made Waffles out of them!  I just made sure to leave the batter thick by not adding any water…

Ingredients, all mixed together:
  2 cups Fat Free Sour Cream
  1 cup Egg Beaters
  3/4 tsp Salt
  1 tsp Baking Soda
  1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
  1 Tbl Sugar
  1 cup All Purpose Flour
  PAM Cooking Spray*

* I have tried many other spray oils, all result in waffles that stick like glue to the waffle iron.


The batter didn't "flow" onto the waffle iron, but a blob placed in the middle of the iron spread out just fine when it was closed… resulting in…


A beautiful golden Waffle, which I then had to embellish with some fresh blueberries & some fat free Cool Whip… 


Mmm, Mmm!!

I made a 1/4 batch, resulting in 2 waffles… which means this recipe should make around 8 waffles (give or take)…

Have Fun With It!!

Update on 6/11/12: I changed the quantity it makes (from 10 to 8)  after trying a larger batch, and I added the optional Vanilla.

Update on 8/24/12: Many appologies to any who have tried this recipe and didn't use PAM... due to the nature of the batter it will stick like crazy... I've tried other options & scraped off the results, so trust me on this one...  Sorry if you've had a sticky mess because I didn't add this info earlier :(

No comments:

Post a Comment