Thursday, August 9, 2012

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

Ok, I know I said I wasn't going to continue on this track, but this isn't a Sorbet & it turned out so wonderful that I just had to share…


Ingredients:
  2 cups chopped ripe Strawberries (pressed down so you get the full 2 cups worth)
  1/2 cup Sugar
  1/2 cup Fat Free Plain Yogurt (I like Chobani)
  2 Tbl fresh Lemon Juice

Blend all ingredients together & process in an Ice Cream Maker.  This recipe makes 3 cups finished product… feel free to adjust quantities (I'd probably double it next time) to accommodate the capacity of your Ice Cream Maker.

The flavor was a wonderfully sweet & tart, and very Strawberry!!

Update for 8/11/12: I tried this again but with Peaches substituted in for Strawberries, and I doubled the recipe... it worked out beautifully, wonderful tart & sweet Peach Frozen Yogurt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment