Thursday, August 2, 2012

Strawberry Pineapple Sorbet



I've been on a Sorbet streak for a while… so this may be the last one I'm going to post unless I come up with something truly unique or spectacular, by looking at my various Sorbet recipes you can tell the tactic I'm taking & come up with your own… modify the amount of sugar to make it more or less sweet… add or subtract herbs & spices to create interest… anyhoo…

Ingredients:
  1/2 pound fresh Pineapple
  1 cup cleaned & rough cut Strawberries (press down so you get a full cup's worth)
  1 cup Sugar
  2 Tbl Fresh Lemon Juice

Blend all ingredients together, I use an Immersion Blender… Process in an Ice Cream Maker, I do 40 minutes which is longer than the 20-30 suggested by my manufacturer for Ice Cream, it seems to work well for me… After processing place in an airtight container in the freezer for a couple hours to firm.  Yields about 4 cups of Sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment