Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lime Chicken Kabobs

I had been toying around with some ideas, spurred on by a couple recipes I'd seen on Pinterest.  One was for a Basil Lime Chicken, the other was for a Honey Lime Chicken… I think if you read both of those recipes, along with my recipe for the accompanying Spicy Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce, you'll see the inspiration.  I insist on giving credit to original sources even if what I come up with is very different.

Ingredients:
  20 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
  1 1/2 Limes
  1 1/2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
  1 1/2 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
  1 1/2 Tbl Soy Sauce
  1 Garlic Clove, crushed/pressed
  Salt & Pepper
  3 Green Onions, whites & light greens chopped

Zest the Limes, chopping the zest finely, Juice the Limes.  Mix the Lime Zest & Juice with all the remaining ingredients except the Chicken - this is the Marinade.  Cube the Chicken into bite sized pieces, mix in with the Marinade, refrigerate for 1 hour.


Drain the Marinade off the Chicken, discard marinade.


Place the Chicken on Skewers for grilling.


Grill...


Serve with  Spicy Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce.


Yum!!  We had this for dinner along with my Grilled Corn, a winning combination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment