Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lamb Curry...

This was dinner one night when I was in a mood to simply throw things together to see how they worked… so no specific quantities are here, but I'll provide estimates.

I had a 1 pound Lamb Steak (lamb leg steak) that I trimmed and cubed, I mixed up 1/2 cup of cold water with 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, I put the steak cubes in the yogurt mix & marinated 2 hours in the refrigerator.


I sprayed a skillet with spray Olive Oil, added a bit of salt, pepper, and curry powder.  I then added and sautĂ©ed about 1/2 cup each of Onion & Carrots, with a diced up medium sized McIntosh Apple (this variety gets mushy when cooked).


After the first ingredients had cooked a while (onions translucent) I added about 1/2 cup of Mild Peppers and about 1 cup diced Tomato.  I let that cook for a bit.


I pulled the Lamb Cubes out of the marinade and patted them dry, then added them in to the vegetables with a couple teaspoons of curry.  I let the lamb cubes brown a bit.

I added about a teaspoon of Sriracha (hot chili sauce), 1/2 cup of Fat Free Greek Yogurt, and the juice of 1/2 fresh Lemon.

I let it cook a bit more until the lamb was cooked through and I had a nice mushy mess :)


Shown here served on top of rice with a steamed artichoke on the side… YUM!!

For those who must have a list of ingredients here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup cold Water
1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt, divided
1 pound Lamb Leg Steak
Olive Oil Spray
Salt & Pepper
2+ tsp Curry Powder, divided
1/2 cup diced Onion
1/2 cup diced Carrot
1 medium diced Apple (suggest McIntosh)
1/2 cup Mild Peppers (bell pepper would work)
1 cup diced Tomato
1 tsp Sriracha
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
Cooked Rice & whatever sides you like

No comments:

Post a Comment