Thursday, September 27, 2012

Butternut Apple/Pear Soup...

This is a recipe that I've played with for a while, it's so yummy & just perfect for Fall!!  I like this soup so much that I made it for myself for my Birthday dinner last night.


Ingredients:
  Olive Oil Spray
  1 cup chopped Onion
  1 clove Garlic, chopped
  4 cups peeled & cubed Butternut Squash
  2 cooking Apples (I used Macintosh), cored & cubed (not peeled)
      [variation: use Pears instead of Applies]
  1 tsp Sea Salt
  1/8 tsp ground Cayenne
  2 tsp ground Cumin
  4 cups Vegetable Broth (OR 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon Vegetable + 4 cups water)
For garnish (optional): Roasted Salted Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds.

Spray a small soup pot with Olive Oil, sauté the Onions and Garlic.


Once the Onions are translucent add in the Butternut, Apples, and Spices.  Stir and let warm for a few minutes.


Add in the Vegetable Stock, bring to a boil.  Once boiling set temp to lowest setting and cover.


Let simmer until Butternut is nice and squishy.


Blend with an Immersion Blender.


Serve hot garnished with roasted/salted Pumpkin or Sunflower seeds and a slice of fresh bread… Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment