Monday, September 3, 2012

Toy Shopping

My kitchen is pretty well stocked with toys… I don't have every gadget imaginable, and I think some gadgets are silly, but there's usually some "problem" I'm trying to solve so occasionally I'll go "Toy Shopping"…


I'm always struggling with finding enough room for spices… now I understand why my Grandma (she was a wonderful cook, in comparison I look pitiful) had an entire pantry just for spices… I get it now Grandma!!  Miss You!!



This Spice Rack looked like it might work… I like that it can hang on the wall & would hold my standard-sized spice bottles (I think)… or I can just fill up the bottles here & label them to my hearts desire… or I can use these for our custom blends (I have some & so does Jeff)…


This is another type that could be wall-mounted… the spice containers stick on by virtue of being magnetic…


And this one appeals to the Geek in me (I'm a Scientist/Engineer by formal training)… otherwise its not all that practical, but it would look really cool on my counter!!

So I'm thinking about these… but no decisions yet…  I have a big birthday coming up (50) so I may just have to indulge a bit… :)


Another Spice-related item… I've been looking at finding a practical way to grind other spices (like whole cloves)… I thought about getting a Pepper Mill for this, but wasn't really excited with that as an option… These are Spice Grinders, they can grind pepper, but they are adjustable for grinding a variety of spices… I may have to add one of these to my birthday wish-list…


Finally, I've been eyeing these since I saw something like it on TV… if I haven't said it before I hate Mandolins… no, that's not quite true… I HATE Mandolins!! I've never had much luck with them & I've cut myself painfully on one once - once was enough!!  This gadget (or ones like it) looks like it might give me the functions I'd like from a Mandolin… thin fine slicing that's difficult to accomplish consistently with a knife…  so its another that I'm considering for my wish-list…

Enough about Toys… have fun playing in the Kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment