Monday, April 16, 2012

Chocolate Bacon Breakfast Cookies

On request from my hubby I tried another version of my Breakfast Cookies… this time with Chocolate and Bacon.


Manly Breakfast Cookies!!
Set oven to 450 F


Ingredients:
  2 slices of Bacon cooked very crispy (almost burnt) & diced
  1/2 cup Levian (Sourdough Starter)
  1/2 cup Quick Oats
  2 Tbl Honey
  2 Tbl Penzeys Natural High Fat Cocoa (a good Cocoa powder)
  1 Tbl Sugar
  1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  1/4 tsp Salt
  1/4 tsp Baking Soda (wait until the last minute to add this)

I mixed up all but the Baking Soda, let the mixture sit for a few minutes while the oven was warming.  Once the oven was up to temp I added the Baking Soda, let the batter rise (it takes about a minute to double in size).

I placed 8 dollops of batter onto a piece of parchment paper, popped it into the oven, watched & waited… 10 minutes later I removed my "cookies"… I put the word cookies in quotes because these are softer than a typical soft-baked cookie, and not nearly as sweet, much more suited to be a breakfast item than a traditional cookie.

Makes eight 3" diameter "cookies" (two healthy servings)...

No comments:

Post a Comment