Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Frozen Fruit & Yogurt Smoothie

This is one of those great ideas that has a ton of amazing variations… this is one variation.


Ingredients:
  1 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
  2 cups Frozen Fruit
  cool water (if needed)
  Sweetener Packets (if needed)


Throw the Yogurt and Fruit in a blender (no, I don't have a smoothie maker), blend it up… please don't ask me how to get your blender to behave, I have enough trouble with my own (I should be tried for crimes against small kitchen appliances)…  If I have a lot of trouble I will add a bit of cool water to help things get moving… Add a bit of 0 calorie sweetener if its too tart (I like Stevia).  I had fun with mine today & put a dollop (technical term) of fat free Cool Whip and a fresh Blackberry on top - I had to dress her up if I was going to take her picture.


Variations:
  Replace some of the frozen fruit with a Banana.
  Add flavored soda


Today's is Strawberry Blackberry.  Jeff's favorite is Strawberry Orange Banana made with a Banana, Frozen Strawberries, and Stewarts Diet Orange Soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment