Sunday, April 15, 2012

Experimenting… to be continued...

I was experimenting with roasted chicken & vegetables, inspired by a recipe I'd seen that roasted chicken and potatoes with Spanish Chorizo… but of course I wasn't going to do things their way, so I played a bit…


I created a new custom spice mix inspired by a Spanish Chorizo, I call it Cho-Cho Spice…  I cooked up some Portobello Mushroom & Onion, ground it fine, added some Cho-Cho and some Bacon Salt… 


I laid some boneless/skinless chicken breasts in a shallow casserole dish sprayed with spray olive oil, covered the chicken with a variety of root vegetables (potato, parsnip, onion, carrot) mixed with my spicy concoction.




Shook on a bit of Oregano & Orange Zest, baked…  




It came out pretty tasty… the vegetables were particularly good, we decided the chicken would have been better parchment-baked (moister)… I'll post a recipe if/when I get just what I want, in the mean time I decided to let you know what I've been playing with.


If nothing else I have a new spice mix now, and I love coming up with my own blends…

No comments:

Post a Comment