Saturday, April 21, 2012

Parchment Baked Chicken

Parchment Baking, a fun way to cook skinless chicken breasts that keeps them nice and moist… I don't like dry chicken!!

When I parchment bake chicken I make sure to give it a bit of a sear in a skillet first…

Spray a non-stick skillet with a bit of spray oil, heat the skillet, throw in the chicken breasts & sear - you're just getting a little color on them, this will make them look more appealing when finished.  I had a little bit of green onion in the pan while searing, you could put garlic in the pan as well… add spices if you choose, its up to you.

Seared for color

Once seared you'll place the chicken on a piece of parchment paper, add herbs & spices of your choosing (pick something flavorful).  I cut my parchment paper into a long oval, fold in half, place the chicken in the center, then crimp the edges to form a pouch.
In its parchment pouch





I like to put a temperature probe into the center of the largest breast, that way I make sure they get cooked to the proper temperature, I just crimp the paper around the probe as well.

Ready for the oven


I place my pouches on a cookie sheet and pop them into an oven that has been preheated to 425 F, and bake until the temperature probe reads 170 F.

Juicy!!





Take out of the oven and carefully remove the breasts from the parchment - watch out for steam - Jeff likes it when I put the juices on his plate with the chicken, its your choice as to what you'd like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment