Monday, April 2, 2012

A bit of a failure

I can't say this was a complete failure, but it wasn't what I'd hoped for…  I've said I'm just a "home cook", just another average american woman playing in the kitchen, and this is the proof.


I like to experiment, this experiment didn't work out so well…  It looks pretty, it smells wonderful, the flavor is right… but its way too dense!  I'm not sure if I rushed it, or just didn't have the winning combination… I'll have to do a bit more experimenting to figure it out…


I thought I'd post this anyway, after all we all have a recipe fail from time to time, even those of us with a lot of kitchen experience.  I don't like failures, but I think I can learn something from this one… hopefully I'll get the problems worked out & have a recipe to share… what I'm attempting is a Sourdough version of a Raisin Spice Bread that is a family favorite.


Have fun experimenting in your own kitchen & don't be afraid to fail every once in a while, it happens to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment