Saturday, March 31, 2012

That's a Wrap!

Ok, I've been meaning to blog about wrap sandwiches for a while, but I was always just a bit too hungry to get a good picture before I bit in (silly me)… but today worked out well so here goes!


I like to use Joseph's Lavash (a rectangular shaped flat wrap) or a large whole-grain tortilla, the one pictured uses a lavash.


Then I fill my wrap with the following types of things:


Meats: I like thin-sliced (or pressed or ultra-thin-sliced) meats, Hillshire Farms Ultra-Thin sliced meats are an example.  I like to use these because you get a lot of flavor but without spending a lot of calories.  I typically use about 2oz of meat (if I use any at all).


Cheeses: I like to use light spreadable cheeses, Laughing Cow Light is a good example & comes in several flavors.  These can be spread on the wrap to add moisture & flavor, but are low in calories.


Vegetables:  Here's where I go to town!!  I use a wide variety, some for flavor & some for texture… here is a (partial) list of what you might find in one of my wraps: Lettuce, Sprouts, Cucumber, Mushrooms, Celery (in picture above I left the stalks whole), Onion, Radishes, Carrots, Tomatoes, or whatever else might be hanging around in my vegetable drawer… I figure if I would/could normally eat it raw (like beets) then it can go in my wrap - and it keeps things interesting!


Condiments:  The following are low cal condiments which add a lot of spunk: Mustards (many varieties), Horseradish, Salad Dressings (two favorites: Walden Farms Bacon Ranch & Walden Farms Honey Dijon).


Other: Pickles - Dill, Spicy, Sweet, Bread & Butter….


On The Side: something to crunch & munch on.  This can be more vegetables, fruit, or low call chips/crackers.


Have fun with your light lunch!!


That's a Wrap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment