Friday, July 13, 2012

Another Bread Experiment...

I was experimenting with Bread again, this time messing around with a non-Sourdough loaf trying to see if I could come up with a nice Sandwich loaf… with mixed success… here's what I tried…


Mixed my dough in a bowl...

Stirring with a Spoonula until the dough held together...

Put the dough into a glass loaf pan lined with Parchment Paper,
showing off my horrid Origami skills...

Pushed dough into corners - note to self: use the Spoonula
rather than your fingers...

Ready to be tucked in for a nap...

Covers on & napping...

About 6-7 hours later...

After baking, beside it's sourdough cousin...

Sourdough (on left) rose during baking, plain didn't… :(

Once cut it was clear that the bread had the Sandwich
texture/airiness that I wanted… even without raising in
the oven… but its a "short" loaf...

I'll be getting it right eventually, for now we're enjoying the "failure" - it has a nice texture & tastes good after all :)

I may try not letting it rise as long, usually my traditional bread doesn't need to rise as long as my Sourdough (the yeast may have worn itself out)… the dough also seemed much more "wet" than the Sourdough after the rise - not sure what this means, may try adding a bit more flour… It could be that I need to add just a smidge of Gluten to help with the final result, but I'll only do that as a last resort, many other things to try first…

When I get it "just right" I'll share a recipe…

No comments:

Post a Comment