Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cappellini Pomodoro





This is my spin on a vegetarian pasta dish, but you'll see I mention meat variations as well… though never the same twice in my house this simple recipe should point you in the right direction.



Fresh Parsley from my garden...
Start off with a large non-stick skillet & spray it with Olive Oil.


Add in:
  2 pints of Grape Tomatoes
     (or Cherry Tomatoes)
  1-2 cloves of Crushed Garlic
  1/4-1/2 cup of diced Onion
  1-2 Tbl Fresh Parsley,
     chopped
  Salt & Pepper to taste



This time I also added about 1/4 cup each of a couple types of non-spicy Peppers, you could instead add in other vegetables, we sometimes bulk it up with meat - we like cubed chicken or small shrimp (raw is better).  The idea is just to add interest & color, you want to keep it mainly tomatoes.

Fresh Basil from my garden….


In another pot, start some water to boil for the pasta, once boiling add the pasta & let it cook until al-dente.  While the water is heating start cooking the Tomato mixture on Med-High heat, stirring frequently.



Chop up some fresh Basil, but don't add it into the dish yet, keep it to the side.



Tomatoes crushed, chopped basil being added...

The Tomatoes have finished cooking when the onions are translucent and the tomatoes are "wrinkly", trust me you'll know what this means when you see it.  Crush the tomatoes, I use the back of the spoon I've been stirring with for this purpose.  Turn off the heat, stir in the chopped Basil, cover until the pasta is finished cooking.



Sorry such a lousy picture, it smelled delicious & I was hungry!!
Drain the cooked pasta & top with the Tomato mixture… Yum!!










asdfasdf

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment