Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pineapple Sorbet

This Sorbet was an experiment I've been wanting to try for a while, and I mostly followed a recipe I'd found via Cooking Light for ideas… but it ended up being my own "thing" in the end…


Pineapple Sorbet, garnished with an Oblaten wedge cookie...


So simple, so easy, so tasty, so light & fluffy…  Ok, maybe "light & fluffy" isn't what you think of when you think of Sorbet, but when I was done with it that's exactly what it was… Wonderful!!


Ingredients:
  1 pound fresh Pineapple chunks
  1 cup Sugar
  2 Tbl Fresh Lemon Juice


I put the Ingredients in a sturdy bowl, then puree/blended them using an Immersion Blender until the pineapple was completely pureed.  The Immersion Blender seemed to aerate the fruity concoction a bit, this may have made a difference in the end result (I'm not sure).


I then poured it into my Ice Cream Maker* and let it run longer than the normal time suggested (I did 40 minutes), which makes sense since it wasn't a "chilled" fruit concoction at the start.  The batter didn't look like much at the beginning but ended up filling the freeze-bowl on completion - a total of 6 cups of light/fluffy Sorbet.  Then it was placed in an airtight container & put into the freezer for 3-4 hours to get it to firm just a bit more (it was more like soft-serve right out of the Ice Cream Maker).


*My Ice Cream Maker is simply the attachments & a special freeze-bowl that work with my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.  This device suggests a processing time of 20-30 minutes, I did 40, and I'm thrilled with the results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment