Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Orange Moroccan Chicken



I'll admit this is an awful photo, the other photo I had was worse… but I couldn't tell until I uploaded them… it looked much better (it's not burnt) in person…

I had been wanting to try a combination of a couple things, my Lemon Chicken & a recipe I've made previously for Moroccan Roasted Chicken… with a twist (or two)…

Ingredients:
  Zest (chopped) & Juice from a small to medium sized Orange
  4 Chicken Thighs
  Moroccan Spice (follow the link)
  Spray Olive Oil

Place the Chicken Thighs in a Ziplock bag with the Zest & Juice from the Orange, let marinate 1-2 hours.

Preheat oven to 425 F, spray a small glass pan (8x8 works well) with Olive Oil.  Once the thighs have finished marinating place them in the prepared pan, skin side up, along with the marinade.  Spray the tops of the thighs with Olive Oil, sprinkle liberally with Moroccan Spice, bake for 50 minutes.

This is what it looked like when I was creating this recipe, before going in the oven:


I had used a large Orange, and it was a bit more juice than was needed, I'd also had a package of 5 thighs defrosted… it was an experiment, so there…

It comes out nice and juicy and flavorful with a crispy top to the skin, if I'd used less juice more of the skin would have been crispy… Jeff didn't stop making yummy noises the whole time he was eating it… Mmmm!!



No comments:

Post a Comment