Thursday, July 12, 2012

Balsamic Basil Green Beans

I had some Green Beans & Red Onions from the Farmer's Market, and some fresh Basil from my garden, so I decided to "play" and come up with something new…


I keep a good quality Balsamic Vinegar out on my kitchen counter, and I guessed that it would work well in combination with these other ingredients… so here's what I did:


I sprayed a non-stick skillet with Olive Oil, ground in a little Sea Salt (I have a salt grinder - see my Toys tab or the first picture in this post), put in some cleaned up green beans & chopped up red onion…


I sautéd these until the onion was translucent & the green beans slightly colored… then I turned the heat to low, added the chopped Basil & just enough water to cover the bottom of the skillet, put a lid on the skillet & let things steam (I checked a couple times & added a bit more water when needed) until the beans were cooked slightly-firm…



Then I removed the lid, drizzled with just a bit of Balsamic (its very flavorful, a little goes a long way), and turned up the heat to caramelize the Balsamic onto the beans (just a minute or two)…


They ended up being a very yummy side dish for our dinner… an experiment gone right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment