Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tzatziki done Light

There really wasn't much need to lighten this, since Tzatziki is a relatively light food, but I did it anyway thinking "every little bit helps", and the results were so tasty I just had to share!!  Besides, I had the ingredients on hand, and it was simple enough… why run to the store to buy something I can make!!


Ingredients:
  1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
  1/2 medium Cucumber
  2 cloves Garlic
  2 tsp Lemon Juice
  1 tsp chopped Fresh Dill
  Salt & Pepper to taste

Peel & seed the Cucumber, discard peel & seeds, chop remaining meat very fine.  Peel and crush/press the Garlic.  Mix all ingredients together, I used a pint-sized sealable container, refrigerate for at least a couple hours before using (allows the spice flavors to develop). This makes about 3/4 of a pint, more than Jeff & I used in one meal, but not so much that it won't get used up before it "expires".

Last night we cooked up some Lamb Sausages we'd picked up at a local Eastern European deli (Kramarczuk's in Minneapolis), and put the sausages on warmed Pita with some of this Tzatziki sauce… Major Yum Factor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment