Sunday, July 29, 2012

Quad-Berry Sorbet

After the success of the Pineapple Sorbet I decided to try another, this time with some fresh berries.



I will warn you, because of the particular berries I chose I did have seeds in my sorbet… if you don't like or can't handle seeds switch the types of berries.

Ingredients:
  2 cups of Berries (I used Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, and Blackberries)
       cleaned, sliced as needed, and pressed down (you want a full 2 cups).
  1 cup Sugar
  2 Tbl Fresh Lemon Juice

Puree the ingredients together (I used an Immersion Blender) then place into an Ice Cream Maker… I let the time run beyond the normal time period recommended by mine - mine recommends 20-30 minutes, I went 40.  Once done place into an airtight container & place in freezer to let it firm up better (this is normal), yields about 4 cups of Sorbet.  Note: this didn't end up producing as much or being as fluffy as  my Pineapple recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment