Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nectarine & Clove Sorbet

I decided to try one more Sorbet, since I was kinda on a roll… this time I chose Nectarines because my local grocer had some nice almost over-ripe Nectarines.  I decided to add some ground Cloves because I've always liked the combination of Cloves with Nectarines…



Ingredients:
  3 medium Nectarines, pitted (leave peel on)
  1 cup Sugar
  2 Tbl Fresh Lemon Juice
  1/4-1/2 tsp Ground Cloves

Puree the ingredients together (I used an Immersion Blender) then place into an Ice Cream Maker… I let the time run beyond the normal time period recommended by mine - mine recommends 20-30 minutes, I went 40.  Once done place into an airtight container & place in freezer to let it firm up better (this is normal), yields about 4 cups of Sorbet.  Note: this didn't end up producing as much or being as fluffy as  my Pineapple recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment