Friday, July 13, 2012

Don't Try This At Home...

I made myself a Giant Crumpet!!  Doesn't it look Yummy?!?!



Well, looks can be deceiving :(…  I had wanted Crumpets for breakfast, and I was in a "mood" & didn't want to fight with my Crumpet rings (they always stick a bit because I use very little oil), so I made one huge Crumpet in a small non-stick skillet… I also didn't feel like toasting after cooking, so I flipped it over for a couple minutes to give the top a little browning (shown below)...


What you're not seeing is the bottom, it got a bit darker than usual (actually, a lot darker)… that should have been my first clue that this wasn't going to pan out as a good idea…

I went ahead and spread Chèvre on it, added some sliced Strawberries… it was too big to pick up and eat in the usual way :(

I tried eating it with a fork, but that wasn't going so well (the bottom was a bit too tough)… I eventually picked it up and ate it taco-style (yes I folded it in half).

Remember trying to make 1 Giant Chocolate Chip cookie as a kid (you know you tried it)… that's how I felt about the results...

So kids, don't bother, it doesn't work… perhaps I need to invest the non-stick Crumpet Rings I saw on Amazon

Until the next experiment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment