Monday, March 12, 2012

My Standard Basic Omelets


A Typical Breakfast
Here are some Standard Basic Omelets, I have done these in countless variations. I try to keep things light in calories but filling and satisfying, and I almost always have some fruit on the side.


Dice up omelet vegetables* & spray a small skillet with Butter Flavored Pam, cook on medium until desired texture. If omelet meats** are desired dice (for bacon cook ahead of time) & add to vegetables toward end of cooking time.

* omelet vegetables -  I use a variety of different vegetables, but typically I use 2-3 of the following: 
      onion
      bell pepper
      mushrooms
      tomatoes
** omelet meats - I use a variety of different types of meats (when I bother to add meat), the following are some good options:
      Bacon: 1 slice cooked crispy
      Leftovers (the one pictured above used a little leftover steak)
      Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin lunch meats I like (I use 2 oz): 
          Honey Ham
          Turkey
          Pastrami


Remove vegetables from skillet & set aside. Spray skillet a 2nd time with Butter Flavored Pam, shake Egg Beaters, measure out 3/4 cup, cook on Med-Low heat until edges around pan are relatively firm & center only has a little bit of liquid remaining. Flip Egg Beaters in one piece, place omelet cheese*** on one side of circle, add vegetables on top of cheese. After a minute or two fold omelet over, after another minute or two flip omelet onto its other side, its done in another minute or two.

*** omelet cheese: I like the following, in order:
      Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola - 1/2 oz
      Sargento Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone - 1/4 cup
      Sargento Shredded Sharp Cheddar - 1/4 cup


If you're daring you may want to try some of my Chèvre / Cream Cheese Omelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment