Monday, March 19, 2012

Panclouds

This is something new… I had been making meringues and it got me thinking about creating a pancake-like item using whipped egg whites… just one of those "I wonder what would happen if…?" moments (I get those)… the result, something new & fun & tasty & light…


This recipe makes 1 Pancloud, 1 is enough for my breakfast but you may want more… adjust quantities as you need.
Blueberry & Banana Panclouds


Ingredients:
  2 egg whites
  2 tsp honey, divided
  2 Tbl all purpose flour


Whip egg whites on medium until soft peaks form. Stop mixer*, drop 1 tsp honey into middle of whites, restart mixer and continue to whip on medium until honey is incorporated and medium peaks form. Gently fold in flour, transfer to small skillet that has been very lightly sprayed with a spray oil (I used Hazelnut). Cook on Med-Lo heat, flip when exposed edges start to turn beige (bottom should be medium brown). Top with remaining honey. 


Variations - push soft fresh fruit gently into cake before turning heat on skillet. Try adding spices to make it more interesting.


Jeff & my favorite variation has a little bit of cinnamon & bananas pushed in… Yum!!


* If you don't stop the mixer you'll be sorry… the honey will end up on the sides of the bowl instead of incorporated into the whites (guess who tried it and found out the hard way).

No comments:

Post a Comment